Saturday 1 October 2011

A fine gaggle of chairs.


I don't know what you call a group of chairs, but a gaggle sounds good to me. I said I would take a snap of the little measuring gauge I make and use for measuring stretchers in our chairs in use.....but of course I forgot.  But here's a photo of the Continuous Arm Windsor Chair Class that we just finished teaching at the Melbourne Guild of Fine Woodworking, in Box Hill. Six happy customers with six great chairs, just before being glued up and spindles trimmed to length. As you can see all stretchers where they should be and again, no stretcher 'losses.'

If you were not aware, Peter Galbert, one of the finest Windsor Chair makers in the U.S. is coming out here to teach two exclusive chair classes in December and January. The first class, a Continuous Arm Rocking Chair, is sold out. Four spots left on the Fan Back Side Chair Class in January.  Go to mfgw.com.au and follow the links to classes for more info. This is a first for Australia and not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment