Sunday 18 March 2012

Wood and Steam Festival - Mont De Lancey

Just a quick post this morning to let you know that I will be demonstrating Windsor Chair making at the Mont De Lancey Historic Homestead, 71 Wellington Road, Wandin, this coming weekend, the 24th & 25th. This festival celebrating all things wood, steel and steam has been going for a number of years now and I'm happy to be invited this year to demonstrate chair making. There are all manner of great displays so if you have time, make a day of it, come up and breath in some country air and take in some traditional hand craft. There are antique tool sales too for those of you, like me, who can't get enough of these great old quality tools.

I'll be doing a number of demo's throughout the weekend from spindle and crest rail shaving, shaping seats, drilling and reaming, steam bending and assembly of a few different chairs. If I get time in amongst it all, I'll try to make a perch too which will be available for sale. Should be a great weekend. Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment