Saturday 13 July 2013

Friday on my mind.


The last thing I ever really thought I'd be doing was donning an apron and being a barman. However my Friday and Saturday nights are now often the highlights of my week. Locals and friends coming in for a quick glass after work and before or after dinner. Or people who are staying in town for a weekend away. I enjoy all their company. Then there's nights like this Friday just gone.

Pete Murphy and Kate came in for a drink. Pete makes the spectacular Ukeleles we have in the shop. Also in the bar that night were Peter and Wendy Barber and their close friends who had come up to town for the weekend. 

What happened soon after, happens a lot these days. Musical instruments come out and people start playing. We've had everything from full size harps, to harmonicas and guitars. On Friday it was four ukeleles in an impromptu session by the fire.

Here's a snippet.


I like being a barman....

No comments:

Post a Comment