Thursday 17 July 2014

See you soon


It had to end sooner or later, as most good things do.  And so last Sunday morning Pete and I jumped into his pickup and he dropped me up the road at the hire car place for the beginning of another leg of the journey. Back on the road again.

There's so much I could say about the past few weeks spent in the company of Peter, Claire and Charlie, but I'm intentionally going to keep it brief. 

People who know me well will also know my fondness for Winston Churchill quotes ( particularly the one about the occasion he was drunk and rebuked by Bessie Braddock, who in turn was told she was ugly....but I digress ) So Pete this ones for you. 

'Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd, Without innovation, it's a corpse.'  Winston Churchill.

 Your the innovator mate that will ensure the art of Windsor chair making lives on. Thanks.

Charlie and Claire and young woodworkers like them, are the future of woodworking in the U.S. and in my eyes it's in good hands. Their obvious thirst for knowledge, considerable talent and energy are inspiring.  Their sense of humour is infectious and woeful attempts at Aussie accents hilarious. You're in good hands too guys.



Sterling's loss is Asheville's gain.  I expect and hope it won't be too long until I see each of you again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment